Lived Experience Panel Lead (Fife)
- Salary: £29,500
- Fixed term one year with possibility of extension
- Location: Homebased with regular travel throughout Fife & Glasgow, occasional travel across Scotland
The Scottish Recovery Consortium is passionate about building recovery from addiction in Scotland. Our response to the new strategy landscape is Support, Represent, Connect. Scotland has a rich history of people with lived experience using their experiences to improve services and structures for people still accessing support. Over the past few years, the emergence of Lived Experience Panels has created a unique opportunity to further embed our voices within the system. This post will support the development and growth of a Lived Experience Panel in Fife.
What the post involves:
- Work with people with lived experience, SRC, Fife ADP, treatment providers and local services to support the creation, development and integration of a Lived Experience Panel across Fife ADP.
- To support and coordinate the ongoing activities, development, and integration of Fife’s Lived Experience Panel.
- To support, coordinate, and train people with lived experience to develop an understanding of treatment and support systems. Utilise this learning and knowledge to cascade information more broadly across communities to increase the number of people in recovery who share their experience and contribute to local decision making about treatment and support.
- To support and offer peer mentor support to new and existing Lived Experience Panel members from across Fife to reflect on learning and experience of being a lived experience panel member.
- To link the work of the Lived Experience Panel and Fife ADP.
- To develop a links and relationships with all services that support people with addiction issues.
Our ideal candidate will have this experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of the recovery movement and people in recovery in in Fife and across Scotland.
- Knowledge and experience of addiction treatment services and system in Fife and Scotland.
- Experience in collaborating and jointly working with a range of key ADP stakeholders, key local providers and services and recovery communities in Fife.
- Evidence of high level on going personal development through formal or informal education, training or self-directed learning.
- Knowledge of how stigma affects people with addiction issues, why that happens and how can it be challenged and resolved.
- Knowledge of a rights-based approach and experience of having applied it in action.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate these abilities and skills:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Listening and observation skills that will be utilised across a range of different diverse groups, services and people in recovery and leaders across Fife ADP.
- Ability to communicate ideas in writing, in person and in presentations.
- Ability to co-ordinate a range of diverse groups, providers, recovery communities and leaders across Fife ADP.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Ability to self-start and organise own workload.
- IT and social media skills.
Everyone involved in the SRC has a strong:
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Commitment to the principles and values of recovery
A commitment to equality of opportunity is essential and a personal or family lived experience of recovery from addiction is a desirable asset in this work.
Interview for this position will be held on week commencing 19th June 2023.
For an informal discussion about any aspect of this post please contact Derek Watt, Operational Lead – 0141 559 6934
Please submit completed applications along with the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 16th June 2023.
Any Employment within Scottish Recovery Consortium will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- This post is subject to a PVG from Disclosure Scotland
- Receipt of satisfactory references
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.
- This post is subject to basic driver checks (if relevant)